Thursday, March 1, 2007

A tale of two classes

Both of my third grade classes could not have turned out any different from each other. One of my classes turned out to be truly amazing while the other has been a constant struggle. The first class was everything a teacher could ask for - eager to learn, asking questions when something did not make sense, always performing well on class work, homework, and tests, and being well behaved. The other class was quite the opposite by constantly talking, moving throughout the room, doing poorly on their work, and not really showing any desire to learn.

As a teacher, I feel responsible for a class that lacks discipline and is too active. It has kept forced me to stay patient and try different teaching techniques. I have learned that teaching is a craft that needs constant molding.

No comments: