Thursday, February 22, 2007

Approaching the last week

Only one full week of teaching remains here at Christ the King. Although I have not yet told the students that next week will be my last, some students are starting to sense that my time here is drawing to an end. I think that since I brought my camera to the school yesterday to start capturing some of the priceless images, I tipped off the students that I will soon be leaving. As is usual with children, they are often ready and eager to pose for the camera.

Tomorrow at school, the students will remain at home as their parents are invited to come to see their student's work and to chat with their student's respective teachers. While I have only met a few of the parents thus far, I am looking forward to meet many more of them tomorrow.

This week in English class, I introduced descriptive adjectives (i.e. The large building was built in 1890). Next week we will discuss adjectives of quantity (i.e. There are four car driving on the road). This week in math class, we wrapped up a two week unit on time. Students can now tell time on non digital clocks and can also solve problems that ask how many minutes are between two different times (i.e. If I fell asleep at 5:15 and woke up at 6:05, how many minutes did I sleep for?) Next week the students will begin a unit on counting money.

It is setting in that time here is winding down. As you can imagine there have been many friendship formed with the students and other teachers which will make the good-byes hard to encounter.

No comments: