Thursday, March 1, 2007

Athlete or teacher?

Ever since I mentioned to both of my classes that this would be my last week teaching, most of the students have started to show different emotions. At the end of one class, a boy named Allen began crying. Many of the students have asked me when I am planning to come back or if I could change my plane ticket to stay longer and teach. Some of my third grade students have even written me thank you cards!

During free time, countless students have asked me if I can give them my home address, email address, and phone number so that they can keep in touch. Not feeling comfortable giving my phone number out to the students, I have been supplying them with the other two. So this week I have felt like an ‘athlete’ being surrounded by students giving out my ‘autograph’. It is truly amazing as to how much a teacher can impact his or her students.

No comments: